Sunday, May 25, 2014

Review (Plus Swatches): Wet N Wild ColoriCon Trio "Walking On Eggshells"


Hey everyone! Finally a review from me! Since I am in my blogging mood right now, I decided to do a review today. Hopefully I get to finish it and am able to post it up today. This review is going to be on the Wet N Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Trio in "Walking On Eggshells". It is definitely a gorgeous neutral trio. If you don't mind eye shadows with shimmery and frosty finishes, then I am sure that you would like this trio. Wet N Wild definitely makes great eye shadows and this is one of my favorites. I don't have much of their eye shadows but I am sure that one day, I would be able to get my hands on all of them. Let me know if you have any favorites from Wet N Wild and which ones you would like to see a review on. For me, I think this brand is great for those who are on a budget, or a makeup hoarder, or just someone who loves good quality, pigmented shadows. If you don't have this trio yet for some reason, you might want to know that these eyeshadows are all a dupe to some MAC eye shadows.




This trio has great neutrals for everyday eye looks. It comes with three shadows-hence trio. ;) I love how each shadow is labeled for its purpose, which is great for beginners but of course, you can use them anyway you want. I would generally use either the top or bottom shade as an all over lid shade and the crease either in the crease or as an outer corner shade. If you would like to see any eye looks using this trio, please let me know. I haven't posted any eye looks in while. My phone camera has gone crappy on me, which sucks because it used to take beautiful pictures.



The first shade in the trio is a gorgeous shimmery and frosty champagne. It is great for the brow bone and as an all over the lid shade. I heard that this is MAC Naked Lunch. If you want to see swatches of both shadows next to each other, I am sure that you can find them on Google. The second shade is great for the crease because its a satin brown. Although on my eyelids, it comes off as a coppery-gold because of my yellow undertone. This shade, I heard is a dupe for MAC Cork. I only own two MAC eye shadows and I rarely ever touch them because my sister gave them to me and they aren't shades that I would normally go for. For a person who rarely wears eye makeup, I don't know why she would pick out a green and a reddish copper shade.


 
As you can see from the swatches (below and above), these Wet N Wild eye shadows don't mess around. They are pigmented to the touch. If you are someone either starting to love makeup or someone with a budget but still wants good quality eye shadows, I would definitely recommend Wet N Wild eye shadows. I actually prefer their trios and their 8 pan palettes. They used to have 6 pan palettes but those got discontinued, which was shocking because they were popular too. 





Like I said earlier, if you never tried these before, I highly suggest you go out and get yourself this trio and even try out their other eye shadow trios as well. To save you even more money, right now RiteAid is having BOGO FREE on all Wet N Wild cosmetics! The trios are probably around $1.99 to $2.99 each. I can't remember the exact price but with the sale, its even more inexpensive. I told myself not to buy anymore makeup until I sell some of the ones that I have but its hard not to want to buy more when stores have these rare makeup sale. Let me know if you guys end up going crazy for this sale and if you intend to buy anything. I would love to know! As always, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...