Friday, October 18, 2013

Swatches: Revlon Super Lustrous Shine Lipstick "820 Pink Cognito"


Hey everyone! I have been meaning to post swatches on this for a while now. I was actually thinking of purchasing another from the Shine line to swatch together but I didn't want to buy another lipstick just for swatching purposes so I am just going to have this lipstick alone. If you didn't know already, Revlon recently came out with a new finish of Super Lustrous lipsticks. Revlon claims that these Super Lustrous Shine lipsticks have "lightweight color [and] moisturizing shine." I really like how Revlon labels their finishes on their lipsticks because it makes it easier to figure out which one you want. I wish all drugstore brands would do that with their lipsticks.







I was really excited to try out Pink Cognito because I love pink lipsticks and the fact that it has a shine finish was interesting. I don't really like lipsticks with glitter or shimmer so I was a bit worried that the Shine line would contain them. The formula is actually pretty smooth and applies great on the lips. Although I love the formula, I was a bit disappointed in Pink Cognito. I thought it was going to be opaque and come out as the actual color that you would see in the tube but is actually quite sheer. You actually can't even see it on my lips, shown above. It looks like I have nothing on my lips. To get the color to even show up a bit on my lips, I would have to layer this lipstick on like crazy. You actually can't even tell if its on your lips so when it wears off, I guess that is a good thing since nobody would notice. If you are looking for an opaque, I would definitely not recommend this shade. If you are someone who wants a lipstick that pretty much acts like a lip balm, then you might like Pink Cognito. Let me know what you think!

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried any Super Lustrous Shine lipsticks?
Would you buy Pink Cognito?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

YOUTUBE: CLICK HERE
BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belongs to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. I like the shine formula. I have Berry Couture and I love it, but this color is way too sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to try out their other shades because Pink Cognito is definitely sheer. I wanted to see if their other shades were as sheer as well in this formula.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...