Friday, June 14, 2013

CVS Clearance Haul (Part 1)


Hey everyone! Sorry its been a couple of days since my last post. I always try to post on my blog everyday but I had some cousins and nephews visiting and staying over at my house. I couldn't help but play with my baby nephew all the time while he was here. LOL He's just so freaking adorable with all his chubbiness. Is that even a word? Now that they are back home, I now have some time to get back to blogging now, although I do miss playing with him and making him giggle. Its just so adorable. But enough with my nephew and let's get onto the haul. If you didn't know already, CVS stores are now having their Beauty Clearance sale. If you plan on buying makeup, you should definitely go and check out this sale. You can get a bunch of great products for such great prices, especially if you have a bunch of coupons. I always make sure to bring my coupons with me whenever I go check out this sale because sometimes I can get items for little to nothing.

WHAT I BOUGHT:
Almay Wake Up Eye Shadow + Primer "010 Revive" & "020 Exhilarate" & "030 Invigorate"
Yes, I know! I went a bit crazy when I bought these but I had a bunch of Almay coupons and these were on clearance. I actually bought (3) Revive, (2) Exhilarate, and (2) Invigorate. Each palette comes one eye shadow primer and three shadows. So far, I have tried the Revive one and I really like it. I really like using it to create soft green, neutral eye looks. I will be posting up swatches on this palette soon. If you want to see swatches on any of the other palettes, let me know by commenting below.

Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer "Light Brown/Champange" (x2)
I actually never tried these before the clearance sale. This is dual ended, one side has the tinted wax and the other end is a highlighter. Its funny how only one came with a bonus grooming brush. These claim to set your brows with color while brightening the eye area. I have tried this for a while now and will posting up a review soon. I do wish that they had a darker shade since light brown has a red tint to it. I've been on the lookout for any good brow products, so if you have any recommendations, please let me know what should I try next.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick "445 Teak Rose"
I love this line of lipsticks and recently found out that Revlon released some new ones in this line. Teak Rose is a gorgeous shade. Its a creme finish, which is nice because they usually are moisturizing and opaque on the lips. If you are looking for a great drugstore lipstick that offers a variety of shades and finishes, you should give the Super Lustrous line a try.

Maybelline SuperStay 10HR Stain Gloss "110 Fresh Fuchsia"
I have never tried these before but since they were on clearance for $4.65 plus tax and I had a $2 off manufacturer coupon, I decided to give it a try. I didn't know how pigmented these were so I made sure to get a pink shade that looked like it would be pigmented with one application. So far, since I bought it, I have tried it twice. I might do a blog post on this showing swatches of this. All I can say for right now is that its really pigmented and is somewhat similar to the L'Oreal stain glosses in the gold packaging.


Revlon ColorStay Nail Polish "280 Blue Slate" & "030 Calla Lilly"
I actually forgot that I already bought Calla Lilly a few months ago so hopefully I can return that even thought it was on clearance. Calla Lilly is a sheer milky white with bits of gold shimmer. Blue Slate is a somewhat dusty blue. Sorry I am not good at describing colors that well. Both polishes are really pretty and Blue Slate is definitely an opaque polish. Its opaque with one thick coat and/or with two coats.


Sally Hansen Sugar Coat "700 Cotton Candies"
I bought this because I was curious about the whole textured nail trend. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a high end polish so I was glad to see that Sally Hansen came out with their own version. They had a bunch of different colors but you know me, I tend to gravitate toward pink shades so I had to pick this one up. I like how you can feel how the texture will feel like on the front of the bottle, it lets you know what to expect. I actually already have swatches on this, which you can CLICK HERE to see.

Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat "500 Fuzz-Sea"
I was really interested to give these a try since they give that look of furry nails. I know that sounds a bit weird, furry nails but it actually looks very pretty and unique on the nails. I have already swatched it on my nail wheels and its pretty but you do need a couple of coats to get it fully opaque on your nails. I will probably be wearing this as an accent nail or maybe on all my nails. I like the color combo of it having blue, yellow and green "bar glitters." I haven't done a post on this polish yet but once I do, I will let you guys know.



So those are all the items that I bought during my first shopping trip for the CVS Clearance Sale. I am definitely going back so expect more hauls to come. I just can't help it whenever CVS has these sales and whenever I have great coupons to use with the sale, it makes it even harder to pass up the opportunity to save money on makeup! If you do plan on buying new makeup to try out, I definitely suggest you go and check out your CVS store because whenever they have their clearance sale, things tend to sell out fast! Also let me know which items you would like to see a review or swatch post first. Plus I would also love to know if you tried out any of these products before and what you thought about them.

QUESTIONS:
Have you taken advantage of the CVS Clearance sale yet?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me, unless otherwise stated. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. WOW you got a lot of stuff. I haven't checked out my CVS yet but I probably won't haul much. In the past, I've barely used the products that I got on clearance. Would love to see the reviews and swatch on the eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever they have these sales, I tend to buy a bunch so I could send to my cousins in Vietnam since they prefer the makeup in the States more.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...