Sunday, May 19, 2013

Walgreens Haul (Feat. Almay, Burt's Bees, Maybelline, & Rimmel)


Hey everyone! Oh my goodness, I haven't been to Walgreens in such a long time. I think the last time I went was to look for the new LE Wet N Wild Spring 8 pan palettes. I actually went to a Walgreens store that was further away from me and opened up a few months ago. I figured since its somewhat new, chances are they might be better at stocking up new products. I don't know if they were either sold out or maybe because the employees didn't put the display out yet but all I knew was that I didn't want to leave empty handed since I hate driving to a store and not buying anything since that wastes car gas.

I was actually quite pleased with this Walgreens store because its so clean and organized. Plus they had a small box of makeup and nail polishes on clearance! So you know, I had to love that store mainly for that fact! They actually had a bunch of products on clearance but I didn't want to go all out and shop like crazy so I only bought things that I had coupons for. Yes, all the items that I purchased in this haul were bought with coupons! Each item had their own coupon and because the majority of them were on clearance, I only paid a couple of cents for each product.

WHAT I BOUGHT:
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer "Light"
Yes, I bought myself another back-up of this. I decided to buy the light shade since the one that I finished up was light/medium, which you will be seeing in a future empties post. I feel like the light one might be better for my skintone to cover up blemishes since the light/medium shade tends to get a bit dark, if I reapply it on the same spot.
Almay Get Up & grow Mascara "Blackest Black"
Yes, I bought another tube of this since the coupon that I had for Almay required me to buy two products, I decided I might as well get this another one of this. Plus if I ended up liking the mascara, I would have hated to pay full price for another one when I could have gotten it on cheaper. You know me, I could never pass up a good deal. I can't wait to try this though because it claims to give you stronger and longer lashes so that should be interesting.


Maybelline EyeStudio Stylish Smokes Quad "Emerald Smokes"
This is a great quad for those who love doing smokey eye looks. Its a great palette with dfferent shades of green. You can use this quad to create soft green looks to a smokey, sultry green look. There is so much you can do with this one quad. I will actually have post, featuring swatches on this eyeshadow quad so stay tuned for that.
Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner "Navy Blue"
I remember when I first got into makeup and one of the very first eyeliners that I tried was a Maybelline eyeliner. I don't remember which line it was from but I remembered that I really liked it so I got this to try out. Plus since its a blue eyeliner, I figured that it would be great to wear in the Summer on the waterline as a pop of color.


Burt's Bees Super Glossy "Nectar Nude"
This would be my first time trying a lip gloss from Burt's Bees. Hopefully I will end up liking it. Plus if I do, I'll probably go out and try their new line of lip glosses that they recently released a few months ago. I was hoping that there were other shades in the clearance bin but this was the only one left, which is fine since its a nude shade. I feel like nude lip glosses look great on their own as well as on top of other lipstick shades. This is 100% natural so hopefully it won't end up irritating my lips.
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm "Blush Orchid" (x2)
These lip balms are somewhat new since they were just released a couple of months ago. I was always curious about these but I didn't want to pay $7-$8 for a lip balm so I decided to just wait for a sale. I am so glad that I waited since I got these for a couple of cents each! These are supposed to moisturize your lips while giving them a hint of color. I think Blush Orchid is a new shade that Burt's Bees recently came out with for Spring 2013 but please correct me if I am wrong.


Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick "04"
I think this was part of a limited edition collection that came out a while back but I could be wrong. Let me know if you know this shade is part of the core collection or a limited shade. When I first saw this shade, I knew that I just had to get it. Its my first dark lipstick and one to two layers is definitely opaque. I have already worn it three times and I really like it. 04 is a dark purple and if you would like to see swatches on this shade, definitely let me know!


So that is all that I bought for my Walgreens haul. I am so happy that I got great deals on all these products! I haven't tried all of these products yet but I have tried a couple and will be posting swatches up. If there is a particular product that you would like to see swatches on, please comment below and let me know! I actually can't wait to get the chance to try everything out soon.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried any of these products yet?
Is there a particular product that you would like to see swatches on?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE


**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**
 

2 comments:

  1. wow the burts bee tinted balms are only a couple of cents each!??!?! you always find the best deals :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, with them being on clearance and me using coupons, I only paid a couple of cents for each Burt's Bees lip balm.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...