Friday, May 10, 2013

Lisa's Empties Feb 2013 - April 2013


Hey everyone! Its finally time to do another empties post! My empties bag was filling up so I knew that I had to post this before they start collecting dust and attract spiders. Scary... Plus the longer that I hold on the empties post, the longer the post will be. Plus lets face it, there are some of us that don't like to read too much. LOL For me, if its about makeup and interesting, I can read forever. This empties post mostly features lippies since I wanted to try and use up the majority of my lip products before I go out and buy more.

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer
I actually bought this a while back when I first started to build up my makeup collection. It came in a set with two other products for $10 at Sephora. The set is no longer available but I am sure that Benefit has other sets with this deluxe size primer. This was my first high-end eye primer and I was definitely excited when I bought it and when I finished it. Its supposed to make your concealers not crease and eyeshadows stay put and vibrant. I never used it for concealers but only as an eyeshadow primer. This is a nice primer but the only thing that I didn't like about this was the packaging. It comes with an applicator doe-tip brush. I actually prefer eye primers with the squeeze tube packaging.


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
I really like this mascara. The formula is great and so is the brush. It lengths my lashes a bit and gives them volume. According to Tarte, this mascara "could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes--a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) plus it's dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume." I already have a full size back-up of this, which I got in a set. I can't wait to start using the full size once I finish up more mascaras. If you haven't tried this mascara yet, I reccomend you try it out. Plus I really like using it with the next product that I am going to talk about.
Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Primer
According to Tarte, this is "an eyelash primer infused with high-performance natural ingredients to increase the appearance of lash volume and increase the appearance of lash length as it preps and primer your lashes--making it the ultimate base for bombshell lashes." I love using this with my Tarte mascara and with my other mascaras. It leaves these white fibers on the tips of my lashes and once you coat them with your regular black mascara, they instantly appear longer. This was my first eye lash primer and it made me want to branch out to try out others.


Too Faced Lash Injection Tube-Building Mascara
This was my first full size tube of high-end mascara. It came in a Too Faced set that I bought at Nordstorm Rack. By the way, I love Nordstorm Rack! Its such a great store that allows you to buy high-end makeup at great prices! If you have never been to a Nordstorm Rack before, you should definitely check out out! According to Too Faced, this mascara "wraps around each lash to create tubes that build, stretch and curl for more extreme volume, length and drama." Lets just start off with the scent. Yes, this mascara has a scent to it. I actually had some of my friends smell it one time when we were at Sephora and they both didn't like it. It has this weird fruity scent to it but its not detectable once applied onto your lashes (that I know of). It has a big brush, which I love mascaras with big brushes but this one just didn't do anything for my lashes. It made them clumpy and didn't lengthen them at all. Other than that, I don't see myself repuchasing this mascara.


Marc Jacobs Daisy
I have the full size of this perfume but wanted to bring the sample with me throughout the day since I didn't want to carry around the big bottle in my purse. Since I am not good at describing scents, I am just going to read off of the Sephora website. So according to Sephora, this is a "fresh and feminine with a playful innocence. Its a floral with a vintage flavor. Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet, spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth." I just love this scent. It smels so good--fresh but floral at the same time. If you haven't smelled this yet, I highly suggest you go to Sephora or Ulta and give it a whiff.


Sally Girl Mini Nail Polish "Surf's Up
IDK why this didn't have the shade name on the bottle but I found the name online by the Sally item number on the bottle. Surf's Up is a gorgeous teal creme polish. I am so happy that I finished up this bottle. This is the first ever nail polish bottle that I ever finished! Even though its a mini size, I am still content nonetheless. This polish is on the sheer side so thats probably how I ended up finishing it faster. I think it took about three to four coats for it to be opaque on the nail. I would not repurchase this, especially since I could get a full size bottle for the same price from another brand.


NYC Smooch Proof 16HR LipStain "490 Persistent Pink"
Let me just start off by saying that I do not like this lip stain. The first time I tried it, it barely applied any color onto my lips. Also, the "stain" that it left on my lips didn't stay on very long. It was probably gone in a couple of minutes. It took me so many swipes to even get any color out when I use it on my lips and I've only used this like four times. I would not reccommend this at all.
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstain "15 Wink Of Pink"
I have only used this two times and already its dried out on me. It has a nice fruity scent to it. It barely applies any color at all. I won't go into too much detail about this, except that I will not repurchase this.
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss "Sunset Peach"
I love this lipgloss and was a bit sad to see it gone. Sunset Peah is a gorgeous semi-sheer peach with golden peach shimmer. This was a perfect summer shade to wear to the beach. I really like the formula and consistency about this lip gloss but the only con that I didn't like was that no matter how hard I tried, the applicator couldn't reach the bottom to get all the product out. I took a picture of it to show you guys. I would reccommend this lip gloss but I wish that Revlon would make the applicator longer so you can get every last product out.


EOS Lipbalm "Honeysuckle Honeydew"
I bought this mainly because of all the hype about it last year. So many beauty gurus and beauty bloggers were raving about these. In my opinion, these were overhyped and were not worth it for me. They did not keep my lips moisturized at all. I felt like once I applied it onto my lips, the product just sat there. Whenever I use these, I would have to reapply almost every thirty minutes because my lips are so used to being moisturized all the time. I know that some people love these (and I think its more due to the cute packaging) but I didn't really like these and will not repurchase.
Soft Lips Lipbalm
I bought this one in a back of two at Big Lots for $1.50 plus tax. These are alright but not my favorite from all the lip balms that I have tried. I don't know the shade name on this since I don't have the actual product with me anymore but its a frosty baby pink. If you don't like frosty lip products, you might want to stay away from this one. It is moisturizing on the lips but not enough to make me want to repurchase this.
Chapstick "Classic"
Oh my goodness, this is the product that started my love affair with lip balms. This was actually the very first brand of lip balm that I had ever tried. I have been using this (well not this tube, I threw away my first one years ago) since middle school to college. So that was about 11 years of using and repurchasing this brand. I would always buy either the Classic one or the Strawberry one. I hardly use this brand anymore but thats not because its not good, its just because I want to try out other brands first before I repurchase another tube of this. This keeps my lips very moisturized for a long time and it also gives my lips a slight tint of color. I think this is probably great for those little kids who want their own lipstick tube but are too young to be wearing makeup. This gives them a tint of red while protecting their lips with SPF.
Nivea Lipbalm "A Kiss Of Smoothness"
I am so happy that I finished this one. I didn't really like it that much because it felt a bit waxy on my lips whenever I applied. This comes on clear so if you are looking for a clear lipbalm, you might like this. It doesn't have a scent to it either, which is nice for those who are sensitive to scents. I won't be repurchasing this. I just didn't like how it felt on my lips.


ELF Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths
Another packet finished! I love these and always stock up whenever I can. I currently about about 10 in my bathroom cupboard. These only come in a pack of 20 but the cloths are huge. One cloth is good enough for me and I just wash my face after with a cleanser. This is the one makeup remover cloths that don't irritate or sting my eyes. Plus I really like the packaging because it really keeps all the cloths moist. I have never had on dried out on me when its in the packaing, with the top closed. If you haven't tried these, I suggest that you give them a try. They are only $3 plus tax.
Cotton Rounds
I bought this pack at the Dollar Tree and am definitely going to repurchase. These are only a dollar for a pack of 80 cotton rounds. Its way cheaper than buying at CVS, Walgreens, Target or any other place. I think my CVS store sells their cotton rounds for about $3, which is a but much for cotton rounds, in my opinion. These cotton rounds are pretty good. They have never left any fuzz on my eyes or face and have never torn apart. I use them to wipe away my eye makeup (whenever I am wearing waterproof mascara) and to apply my toner. I definitely reccommend these, especially if you are on a budget!


So those are all my empties! I definitely used up a lot of lip products and am so happy! Don't you guys ever get that satisfied feeling whenever you finish up a product? It makes me feel happy to know that I am not buying and wasting products but actually finishing them. Plus doing these kinds of posts reminds me which products that I like and what products I don't like. I also love seeing other peoples' empties post because its like mini reviews. Plus when people finish up a product, they really know if they ended up liking a product or hating it. Definitely let me know if you guys finished a product lately and what it was! I would love to know! Plus if you guys made it to the bottom of my post and read it all, thank you so much. I know it was a lot and I could've split it up in two but I thought it would just be easier to put everything together. So thank you and talk to you guys later!

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. I am always awestruck when I see a used up EOS lip balm, because I never imagined that the bottom looks like lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL There is so much product at the bottom that its crazy. You can get so many more uses out if it, if you depot it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...