Saturday, April 6, 2013

FOTD & EOTD: Simple Yet Natural


Hey everyone! Here is another look that I recently created. I recently had the chance to go to Sephora and when I was there, I made sure to ask for samples. The only products that I wanted to try were both the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation and the Kat Von D Concealer. I tried the Kat Von D concealer before and it broke me out but that was months ago so I decided to give it another try. Plus I have been hearing so many great reviews on the Tarte foundation that I wanted to try that too. I was just going to go in and buy it but while swatching it to find my correct shade, I noticed that it was a bit on the thick side so I asked for a sample instead since thick foundations tend to irritate my skin. If you have any of those products, definitely let me know what you think of them and whether or not you like them.

FACE PRODUCTS USED:
◊ TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation "Light"
◊ KAT VON D Concealer "Light"
◊ REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "Fair"
◊ PHYSICIANS FORMULA Healthy Wear Bronzer "Tan"
◊ TARTE Amazonian Clay 12HR Blush "Fantastic"
◊ HARD CANDY Baked Blush "Living Doll"
◊ PHILOSOPHY Shimmering Face Powder "Amazing Grace"
◊ ELF STUDIO Powder Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Powder Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Contour Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Multi Task Brush
◊ REAL TECHNIQUES Pointed Foundation Brush

EYE PRODUCTS USED:
◊ TOO FACED Shadow Insurance Eye Primer
◊ LORAC Eyeshadow "Nude"
◊ LORAC Eyeshadow "Pewter"
◊ URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Hustle"
◊ LORAC Eyeshadow "Cream"
◊ PHYSICIANS FORMULA Felt-Tip Eyeliner + Serum "Deep Brown"
◊ ULTA Kohl Eye Pencil "Halo"
◊ MARY KAY Ultimate Mascara "Black"
◊ MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara "Black Drama"
◊ ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark"
◊ ELF Eye Shadow Brush
◊ ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush
◊ LONDON SOHO Blending Brush
◊ REVLON Lash Curler

LIP PRODUCTS USED:
◊ ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil
◊ WET N WILD MegaShield Lip Color SPF15 "It's A Girl"
◊ NARS Lip Gloss "Super Orgasm"

Steps to recreate this face look:
  1. I have been trying out TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation "Light" so I have been wearing this lately. I like to apply it with my ELF STUDIO Powder brush and blend everything in.
  2. Second, I used my KAT VON D Concealer "Light" to conceal any imperfections that need concealing. I just blended everything with my fingers.
  3. Once everything is blended and concealer, I took my REAL TECHNIQUES Powder brush to apply my REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "Fair" to set my foundation.
  4. For contouring my cheekbones, forehead, chin, and nose I applied my PHYSICIANS FORMULA Healthy Wear Bronzer "Tan" using my REAL TECHNIQUES Contour Brush.
  5. Next using my REAL TECHNIQUES Multi Task Brush, I applied TARTE Amazonian Clay 12HR Blush "Fantastic" with HARD CANDY Baked Blush "Living Doll" on top for a shimmery pink glow.
  6. For an added highlight onto my cheekbones, I applied PHILOSOPHY Shimmering Face Powder "Amazing Grace" using my REAL TECHNIQUES Pointed Foundation Brush.

Steps to recreate this eye look:
  1. For my eyes, I primed them with my TOO FACED Shadow Insurance Eye Primer and used my fingers to blend everything in.
  2. Using my LORAC Pro palette, I used my ELF Eye Shadow Brush to apply LORAC Eyeshadow "Nude" on the inner corners of my lids and then blended LORAC Eyeshadow "Pewter" on the crease of my lids using my ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush.
  3. Once everything was blended in, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Hustle" on the outer corner of my lids using the same blending brush that I used earlier.
  4. When that was blended, I applied LORAC Eyeshadow "Cream" as my brow bone highlight using my LONDON SOHO Blending Brush.
  5. I wanted to line my upper lash line, so I used my PHYSICIANS FORMULA Felt-Tip Eyeliner + Serum "Deep Brown" because its a pigmented brown.
  6. I also lined my inner corner with ULTA Kohl Eye Pencil "Halo" for a more brighten eye look.
  7. Now onto my lashes, I always curl my lashes with my REVLON Lash Curler and applied MARY KAY Ultimate Mascara "Black" onto my lashes with MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara "Black Drama" on my lower lashes.
  8. Then I did my brows with my favorite brow product, which is the ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark" to define them.

For my lips:
  1. Since my eyes were done, I went to line my lips with my ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil and applied WET N WILD MegaShield Lip Color SPF15 "It's A Girl" on top.
  2. To give them a more glossy feel, I applied NARS Lip Gloss "Super Orgasm" because its a pretty shade.
So those are all the products that I used! I actually love this eye look because its so natural and I know that a lot of people can wear this everyday. Plus people can easily recreate this eye look with similar shades. Its a great Spring look as well as for all year around because of how natural it is. I love how the blush and the lips give this look a pop of color. I just love this look so much and hope that all you guys end up loving it too!

QUESTIONS:
How do you feel about my natural eye look for the Spring?
Do you love wearing natural eye looks?

BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me or samples. All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...