Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF50 Pressed Bronzer



Hey everyone! If you remember, I had bought this bronzer a couple of months ago from Big Lots. If you are looking for any PF Healthy Wear products, I suggest going to Big Lots because they are all sold for $4 plus tax. So far, I have seen the liquid foundations, bronzers, and the popular pressed powder that so many people like. I didn't need any more pressed powders so I I decided to buy a bronzer instead. I have been using this bronzer now and then since purchasing it so I thought that it was finally time to review it for you guys.

PACKAGING:
This bronzer comes in a round orange compact. In the middle of the compact is a tiny pink ribbon. The whole compact is made out of plastic and isn't that sturdy. Every time I open it, I feel like the top is going to rip off someday. There is a little button that you have to push to open the compact. Inside there is a mirror and underneath the bronzer is a compartment that holds their included brush.





WHAT:
It is a bronzer that contains SPF 50. Its supposed to be water-resistant, sweat-proof, and long-lasting. Because it has SPF 50, it helps prevent sunburn. According to the packaging, it "delivers maximum broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, and provides the warmth and luminosity of a natural tan glow. Beauty's response to a thinning ozone layer.
  • Protects - SPF Boosters and Mineral-based Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide provide SPF 50 protection and help skin stay protected longer without residue or greasiness.
  • Prevents - Potent antioxidant blend helps to prevent future UV damage and premature signs of aging.
  • Restores - Licorice Extract & Tomato Derivatives help brighten skin and diminish the appearance of sun spots.

HOW:
You can definitely apply this using a variety of different brushes. Whenever I apply bronzer, I always use a brush that is tapered to the point like my Real Techniques Contour Brush or my ELF Studio Small Tapered Brush.

SHADES:
Mines is in the shade Tan, which you will be seeing swatches of. For this bronzer, I think that there are four different shades for this bronzer. I was actually looking for the shade Medium but my store only had Light and Tan. Light looked like it would be better used as a pressed powder and since I wanted a bronzer for contouring, I choose Tan.





OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Overall, I am not really a fan of this bronzer. As you can see in my swatches, this bronzer looks a bit orangey on my skin  tone. I have seen other reviews on this bronzer but in different shades, especially in Medium, where a lot of people actually liked it. Whenever I use this bronzer, I always have to use a light hand with this because I am definitely not a fan of the whole orangey face look. I only use this to contour my cheekbones and forehead. Also, keep in mind that if you have a ton of bronzers in your collection, you might not want to get this unless you plan to use it constantly because they do have expiration dates on them since they contain SPF ingredients  For instance, the one that I have expires in December 2013 and I am nowhere near hitting pan on it. Hopefully I will end up using a huge chunk of this before it expires because that will definitely be a waste of product and money.

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried this Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Bronzer in Tan?
What is your favorite bronzer?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. I love some of PF products and love their packaging. I do find their colors can be odd sometimes. Rarely do I buy their products. :)

    Great review!
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love some Physicians Formula products as well. Their packaging is alright, a bit bulky in my opinion.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...