Monday, January 28, 2013

Review (& Swatches): Revlon ColorStay 16HR Eye Shadow "505 Decadent"



Hey everyone! Its been such a long time since I did a review. I think I have been hauling way too much that I haven't had time to post up any reviews. This year, I will try to post up more reviews with swatches and less hauls. Of course, I still need to get some of my recent hauls posted up but I promised myself not to haul too much this year, unless needed. I have so much reviews on my computer that I need to organize and type up to post. The first review that I am going to post for 2013 is on the REVLON COLORSTAY 16HR EYE SHADOW "505 DECADENT". I had this quad for a while and have been wanting to review it so I thought that this would be the perfect time for it.

This comes in your typical black packaging. On the front is a clear window where you can see the shadows. I actually like the compact having a window because it allows you to see the color of the shadows. Its just a flip open compact that comes with a dual-ended sponge tip applicator. The compact is pretty small, fits into the palm of my hand.



Let me just say that I don't really like this quad. When I bought it, I thought that it was going to be a great neutral palette because of the colors but the shadows aren't that pigmented to begin with. I needed to swipe my brush into the shadows multiple times just to get some color to show up on my lids. I am definitely disappointed with this quad. I don't know if this is the same with all the Revlon ColorStay quads but if you have some, please let me know. I do have their old ColorStay quads and I really like them. The old shadows are so soft and pigmented, way better than the newer ones.













I definitely do not reccommend this quad and it is going into my regrets, which is sad because I actually like Revlon products but this one was just a fail for me. Hopefully I will be able to use it all up because I hate wasting product or find a new home for it. Definitely let me know if you have any of these Revlon ColorStay eyeshadows and whether you like them or not. I would love to know your thoughts on these.

(UPDATE: I have actually gone back to this palette and have been using it a lot during this month, May 2013 and have been liking it. I do have to pack on the color a lot for it to show up but other than that, I think with a great eyeshadow primer, you could make this quad work. It blends easily but you just have to watch out for fallout.)

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovesMakeup
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...