Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review: Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Face Care Line With Clary Sage


Hey everyone! I have been meaning to do this review for such a long time but as you know with the holidays, it gets pretty busy. I have been lagging on my posts and have so many that I need to type up. Hopefully I can get them done by the end of this week but we will see. The life of a beauty blogger. LOL If you didn't know already, I received these products from BzzAgent to review. Since I have been super busy, I have been trying out these products since I received them. Its probably been a month or more of trying these poducts out, which is always the best when reviewing skincare products. I am so glad that I got these to try out because winter is here and my skin has been getting really dry lately. To know more about Burt's Bees Intense Hydration products, you can click the above link or CLICK HERE.


Lets just talk about my skin before using these products. My skin was extremely dry in certain places like on my cheeks and on my chin. I hated applying makeup because it would make my dry skin even more noticable. I have tried many day and night creams but none have them have fully gotten rid of these dry patches. Even though I have have dry patches, my skin is also oily on my T-zone like my forehead and nose. I was worried that using skincare products meant for dry skin would make my skin oiler and cause more breakouts but this wasn't the case. Plus I used to take Biotin daily but not anymore. I wanted to see how well these products would work on my skin so I stopped taking Biotin and don't really see myself taking anymore.

The products that I received to review is the night cream, treatment mask, and the cream cleanser. All these products are from the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Face Care line with Clary Sage. I sort of wished that it came with the day cream as well but these products were great as well and very generous with their size. As you can see all these are full size products. I am going to talk about each of these products one by one.

The first one that I am going to talk about is the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Treatmeant Mask. I only used this a couple of times but not as much as the other products since this is a treatment mask. This normally retails for $17.99 but prices vary by the store. I would sometimes use this after the cleanser and apply it all over my face and neck. They suggest you to leave it on for 5-10 minutes but I kept it on for the full 10 minutes. I have to admit that it was kind of wierd using this product because usually the masks that I use, I would have to rinse off after usage but with this treatment mask, I would remove with a cotton round and massage the remaining product into my skin. I kind of didn't really like that because it felt weird to me to have the remaining product on my skin. I always felt the need to rinse my face afterwards. I am still a bit unsure about this product so I won't really go into futher detail about this one.


The second product that I received was the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser. This cream cleanser retails for $9.99 plus tax. This product is something that I really like but I have to say that this cleanser might not be for everyone. The reason why I say that is because if you are someone who just likes to remove your makeup with one product then this might not be for you. But if you are someone who is used to taking off ALL of your makeup off, then you might like this, especially if you have dry skin. For me, before going to sleep, I would always go with the same routine for removing my makeup:
  1. Remove makeup with ELF Studio Makeup Remover Cloths.
  2. Use Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser.
  3. Blot my face on my towel to dry off.
  4. Use Clean & Clear toner to remove the rest of my makeup. (Repeat twice or more as needed).




Since I am so used to using multiple products to remove all of my makeup, this is fine for me. As you can see in my pictures, I did multiple tests using the cream cleanser. All these tests were finished off with my Clean & Clear toner to show how much makeup was leftover on my face.


The first test was when I used this product alone and with toner afterwards to see how much makeup was leftover on my face. As you can see, using this cream cleanser alone didn't remove all of my makeup. I am not sure if it even removed anything. I think this is a great product for those who wear minimal to no makeup at all. Since I wear liquid foundation everyday, I would always have to use this cream cleanser with other products. If I would use this cleanser alone than I would have to wash and use toner maybe two-three times to get everything off.


The second test that I wanted to show you guys was how this cream cleanser would perform with a facial brush. I don't have the Clarisonic Mia but have always been lusting after it. For right now, its just not in my budget. Since I couldn't justify the price tag, I decided to buy the Sephora face brush. I tried looking for it online on the Sephora website so I could get the actual full name and provide the link but I can't find it anymore. This definitely did help a bit when removing my makep but it didn't remove it all. I think it was because the cleanser is a cream cleanser and wasn't one that foamed up. I think I would have better luck with a foam cleanser because it sudds up and cleans more.


The last test that I performed and love because its my usual nighttime routine is using this cream cleanser with my ELF Studio Makeup Remover Cloths. I always use a makeup remover wipes to remove my makeup because I just feel and know that it removes all my makeup fast and easy. Since I was using a makeup remover wipe, I would only have to wash my face once and use toner once or twice. As you can see, for me that the last test was more better since it removed 98% of all my makeup. I would just have to use toner twice and it would be perfect for my routine.


For me, I would actually prefer using the cream cleanser in conjunction with my makeup remover wipes. I have been using the third test as my nightly routine for over a month now and am completely satisified with this product. It doesn't make my skin break out. Actually I have been breaking out less since using this product as well as the other products in this line. I think its probably because these products are 99.0% natural compared to my other cleansers.

Now onto the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream. Let me just say that this night cream is really moisturizing. Its especially great for those with dry skin. Even though I do have some dry patches and an oily T-zone, this night cream didn't break me out at all. It didn't make my skin feel heavy either, which was always a plus. It claims to have a non-greasy formula, which is probably the reason. Since this night cream is so moisturizing, you actually don't need a lot of product so I can see this night cream lasting a while. One thing that I don't really like about the night cream is the actual packaging. Even though it is glass packaging and sturdy, I just hate that its in a jar. I wish it was in a pump form because its more sanitary. This product retails for $17.99, depending on the store.




I do have to say though that all these products have a scent to them. I don't know what the scent reminds me off but it smells really good. It isn't a strong scent but tends to disappear once applied onto the face. Since using all these products, I no longer have any dry patches on my face. I definitely see myself buying these products, especially in the winter because my skin always gets dry in the Winter. I won't be using these in the Summer because I tend to get more oily during those days. I actually think these products have improved my skin. Like I said in the beginning of my post, I used to take Biotin but since using these products, I don't anymore. They also claim to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles but I don't really see any improvement or changes in that area. I actually have a couple of worry lines on my forehead and they haven't diminshed. If you are looking for products that moisturize, you might like these products but if you are looking for some to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles as well, I am not sure if I would suggest these. You might have to use these longer than a month to see any improvement on wrinkle decrease. All-in-all, I really reccommend these products from the Intense Hydration line. If you tend to get dry skin in the winter, you might want to try these products.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried any products from Burt's Bees?
Have you tried the Intense Hydration line?
Do you have dry or oily skin?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovesMakeup
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

***Disclaimer: I received all these products for free from BzzAgent for review. I am not getting paid to mention these products. These are always my honest opinions.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...