Friday, November 2, 2012

NOTD: Let's Hit Up The Candy Shop


Hey everyone! I just wanted to show you guys what I wore on my nails last week. I bought this a while back but never had the chance to try it out until recently. The whole time I was applying this, I started wondering why I haven't worn it before. Claires "Candy Shop" is a gorgeous glitter polish. Candy Shop is a bubble gum pink base with multi-colored glitter. There are multi-colored hexagonal glitters as well as the small typical multi-colored glitters. If you didn't know already, Claire's "Candy Shop" is a well-known dupe for Deborah Lippmann's "Candy Shop," which retails for $18 where Claire's "Candy Shop" retails for $5 and sometimes they are BOGO 50%!!




I don't have any Deborah Lippmann polishes but I have seen swatches of both polishes next to each other online and they really look similar. The only difference that I can tell from the two is that the DL "Candy Shop" pink base is more sheer, which makes the glitters show up more on the nails whereas Claire's "Candy Shop" is more opaque and only needs two coats but some of the glitters gets hidden underneath the pink base.




I love how this polish looks on the nails but I was a but disappointed that it started chipping on some nails the next day. I don't know if it was because I was doing a lot with my hands but I had used Seche Vite as my top coat. Other than that, I really like how easy it was to apply on the nails. I only need two coats to get the pink base opaque, especially since polishes like these are usually sheer and need more coats like Revlon "Facets Of Fuschia." I think this is such a girly polish and great for those who love pink and glitters!

QUESTIONS:
Do you own either Claire's "Candy Shop" or Deborah Lippmann's "Candy Shop"?
What do you think about this polish?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...