Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ulta Haul: 40% Off NYX & Revlon


Hey everyone! Sorry if this haul is a bit late. I have been busy getting stuff done around the house that I haven't had time to post much. I still need to get my September Hits up as well. I already took the pictures and now I just need to type everything up. So if you didn't know already, a few weeks ago, Ulta had a awesome sale where Revlon, Almay, NYX, and Physicians Formula products were 40% off. I rarely see those kinds of sales anymore from drugstores. Once in a while, RiteAid has Revlon for 40% off but my closest RiteAid closed down months ago.

I was so excited when Ulta had this sale that I knew I had to go there to check it out. I even ended up going there twice because the first time I went, I wasn't in much of a shopping mood. There were so many people opening products and swatching them. It was so annoying. There were a bunch of people talking about how they were buying them for their makeup gigs and for their traincases. I don't understand how they can be makeup artists and still do that. I mean don't they get annoyed when other people do that. Plus what really annoyed me was that some of the produts has testers (like the blushes and powders) in front and instead of swatching the testers, they would open up the new products and swatch them instead and put them back if they didn't end up liking them! Seriously??!! I literally wanted to smack those people upside their heads. LOL

What I bought:
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss (x3)
I went sort of crazy on lip products and bought three. I wanted to buy more but I started noticing people swatching them and putting them back. Urgh, I hate it when people do that! I wish that NYX would put plastic seals on these because its hard to tell if someone before you opened it or not. I had to check the ones that I bought for any messy fingerprints or spilled product. I decided that once I give them a try and if they were opened already, I can just go back and return them. The shades that I bought are Salsa, Nude Pink, and Sugar Pie. Salsa is a cool-toned pink with shimmer. Sugar Pie is a frosty light nude with shimmer and Nude Pink is a creamy neutral pink. I can't remember the price that I paid but I think there were around $3 plus tax. I know that I should have bought some fall shades but I just love my pink shades so much.



NYX Blush "Bourgeois Pink"
I love blushes and whenever there are blushes on sale, there's definitely a chance that you would find me there. I only have a couple of NYX blushes and I really like the ones that I have so I decided to buy more to add to my collection. There wasn't that much to choose from when I went because everything was already picked over or out of stock. I am glad that NYX seals their blushes (even though I wish they would put a seal around their other products ie. lip glosses). Since there wasn't that much of an option, I decided to pick out Buorgeois Pink, which is a matte pink blush. I bought this mainly because I think it will give my cheeks a gorgeous flush look.


NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil "604 Milk"
I am so happy that I finally got my hands on Milk!! I have been wanting this shade forever but it has always been out of stock at my Ulta store. The first time I went, they didn't have it in stock but the second time, I noticed that the had a bunch of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in front of the store in glass jars. I bought this mainly to use in the inner corners of my tear ducts and to use as an eye shadow base. Plus I heard that this is really good to use on the waterline as well to make your eyes seem more bigger and more awake.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain (x2)
Oh my goodness, I am so happy to finally have gotten my hands on these! These remind me of Clinque Chubby Sticks (which I have never tried) and Tarte LipSurgences. I only bought two so I could try them out first to see how much I would like them. I know that everybody has been raving about these but sometimes products can get overhyped in the beauty world like the EOS lip balms. The shades that I bought are 015 Cherish/Devotion and 025 Sweetheart/Valentine. I don't know why they have two names or maybe they just all have two words for the shade names. Cherish is a light purple with a pink undertone and Sweetheart is a bright pink.


Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer "100 Bronzed & Chic"
I have been looking for this bronzer everywhere since it came out and am so glad that I found it on Ulta. I was worried that it was limited edition and that I was going to miss out but thank goodness that its not limited edition and that I now finally have my hands on it! Yay! I can't wait to give it a try. Bronzed & Chic has four bronzer shades that you can use separately or mix them all together. I think I am going to use all four shades together all over my face and mix the bottom two as my contour shade.


Last but not least, I also got a sample. Whenever I go to Ulta, they never give me samples even when I spend more than $50. The only time they ever give me samples at checkout is when I ask for it and sometimes the cashiers are nice but sometimes they get cranky when I ask. The mean ones need to get their act together because thats what samples are for, for people to try them out, fall in love with them and buy them. This time I got a rude cashier and she only gave me one sample. She even gave me a look when I asked her if she had any samples. I didn't know what sample she put in my bag until I got into my car and saw that it was a sample of Justin Bieber Girlfriend perfume. I haven't smell this yet but I do love the full size packaging of the bottle.


So that is all that I got for my Ulta haul. Sorry that its a bit late but better late than never! I hope you guys like my haul and if you would like to see any reviews or swatches, definitely let me know. I know that it isn't much but I think that it was enough for now, especially since Ulta tends to have this 40% off sale once a year. LOL Is it weird that I can't wait for the next time they have this sale?

QUESTIONS:
Did you take advantage of the 40% sale at Ulta?
Have you ever tried any of these products before?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...