Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review/Swatches: Maybelline EyeStudio Cream Shadows "05 Flash Of Forest"


Hey everyone! I'm back with another review! I just have so many pictures on my computer right now that I definitely need to start posting up. Its so crazy that my computer is actually starting to lag. LOL I just have a bunch of hauls and reviews to post up that I am going to try to post everything (well almost everything) for the month of September but we are already hitting up the middle of the month so we will definitely see how that will work out.

Okay onto the actual review! For today, I am going to be reviewing a Maybelline product, which is the Maybelline EyeStudio Cream Shadows "05 Flash Of Forest". I don't remember which drugstore I bought this from but you can buy these at CVS, Walgreens, Target, RiteAid, Walmart, Ulta, and any other store that sells Maybelline products. Prices vary by the store. I think this was one of the very first Maybelline cream shadows that I had ever bought. My first cream shadows were from the $1 line from ELF and I was so in love that I just had to expand my cream shadow collection. So far, my cream shadow collection now includes the following brands: ELF, Maybelline, Revlon, Benefit, WnW, and Almay.

PACKAGING:
This comes in a sturdy plastic packaging. The top is clear so you can actually see the shadows and you would just flip the top open. I actually like the packaging because I feel that it won't break or fall apart if I throw it around in my purse or if it accidently falls on the floor. All three shadows come in their own pan, which is great because you wouldn't have to worry about the colors actually getting mixed or melting together.



PIGMENTATION:
These shadows are very pigmented. As you can see in my pictures, the swatches on my fingers were all done with one heavy swipe. They are very silky and soft to the touch. These are easy to blend and can be used with either your fingers and/or makeup brushes. I personally like using my fingers because I feel like cream shadows apply easier with the warmth of the fingers. These almost have the same pigmentation as the Maybelline Color Tattoos IMO but I can't really test that theory since I only have one Maybelline Color Tattoo. I waa going to buy more but I felt like I didn't need to since I already have a bunch of Maybelline EyeStudio cream shadows in my collection.







LASTING POWER:
For me, these last all day on my lids without any fading and/or creasing. I have monolids but I do have a semi-crease (AKA line) on my lids. IDK if its because my lids are heavy or something so the skin just lags over and turned into a "crease" but to me, its more of a deep wrinkle than anything else. Lets just say that my lids are weird looking. LOL My lids aren't oily as well so most typical cream shadows tend to last all day on my lids.

SCENT:
These cream shadows don't have any scent to them, which is great especially for those with sensitive eyes.

All-in-all, I really like the Maybelline EyeStudio Cream Shadows "05 Flash Of Forest". Its a great trio of cream shadows that you can wear alone or all together for a pretty eye look. For me, I would usually wear all three together with the first shadow as my highlight and browbone color. Then I would apply the green shadow all over the lid and the brown into my crease and darken up for the outer corners of my eyes. Its a gorgeous eye look that I feel is great to wear during the summer!

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried the Maybelline EyeStudio Cream Shadows?
What do you think of cream shadows?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...