Monday, June 25, 2012

CVS Haul (Feat. Essence of Beauty)


Hey everyone! In case, you didn't know CVS had a sale on their Essence of Beauty line. All Essence of Beauty products (excluding clearane) were BOGO FREE and the sale ended already, Saturday on June 23. I went today mainly for the sale. I ended up getting myself a couple of items that I have been wanting to try out. Plus I had a CVS coupon for $1USD off any Essence of Beauty purchase from all the brushes that I have been buying lately. I do own a couple of Essence of Beauty brushes and have been buying a lot of the Smoky Eye Shadow Brush lately because they are on clearance for $1.75USD plus tax. If you have been buying these as well, you should definitely check to see if your has a coupon a well. The coupon has no expiration date!

Okay onto what I bought:
32 Face Wedges (X2)
I mainly bought these to see if they would help me from wanting to buy the BeautyBlender. LOL The store that I went to had two different kinds of face wedges. The ones that I bought are Vitamin E infused but there were also some that had Collogen infused, which seemed firmer. The ones with Vitamin E are a lot softer and don't seem as firm or dense but hopefully these will work out the same. With the Vitamin E, these wedges claim to "provide an exceptionally smooth finish," according to the packaging. I have never used a "sponge" to apply my foundation before but I have been hearing so many great reviews on the BeautyBlender that I wanted to try out other options first. Plus if these wedges don't work out, it won't be a total waste of money because I can probably use these for nail art. Or I can just return them for a refund since they have a quality guarantee on these. These were $3.99USD but with the sale, I only paid for one and got the other one FREE.


Precision Blender Sponge (X2)
LOL These were BOGO FREE as well so of course, I had to buy two. These were $4.99USD each but I paid for one and got the other one for FREE. These reminded me a little of the BeautyBlender because they are both face sponges but these are more affordable. These are also infused with Vitamin E and it has two sides that you can use to apply and blend makeup. This blender sponge has a pointed side and a round base. The pointed side is supposed to help apply makeup easier for the area under the eyes with the round base for the rest of the face like the forehead, cheeks, and chin. Hopefully this sponge will work as well as the BeautyBlender. If you have tried these before, definitely let me know how you would compare or any tips on using this.


Smokey Eye Shadow Brush (X2)
This was not BOGO FREE because it was on clearance, which was fine with me because I had coupons, which made them under $0.25USD each. I have already washed and started using this brush and I really like it. I am definitely buying more if I see anymore on clearance. If you would like to see a review on this brush with close-up pictures, definitely let me know and I will post one up.


So that is all for my haul. LOL I didn't even know that I purchased two of everything until I was paying for everything. Hopefully both the wedges and sponges will work out and help me stop obsessing over the BeautyBlender. If you have tried any of these products before, definitely let me know because I would love to hear about your experiences and comments. If you have any requests or questions as well, let me know and I will try to address them.

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...