Monday, May 7, 2012

Review: Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Sapphire


Hey everyone! If you have been keeping up with my posts, then you would know that I recently hauled this eyeliner a couple of weeks ago. I have been using it almost every day an thought that it was finally time to do a review. The eyeliner that I am talking about is the Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I went in intending to buy a black gel liner but the store that I went to were out of stock and they only had one shade. The shade that I bought was Sapphire.


Sapphire is a gorgeous shade. I use it with pretty much all my eye looks. Sapphire is pretty much a blue toned Sapphire that can look black in some lights. When I first applied it, I was confused and actually thought that it was black but it is definitely a gorgeous sapphire. I think this shade is great for those who definitely want to add color to their eyes but don’t want to get out of their comfort zone. This is a great shade because it’s a blue but can look almost black. Trust me, if you haven’t tried Sapphire, you definitely should go and pick it up. This shade is supposed to be a limited edition shade but I have seen it at my CVS store for months now and its even in the regular display with all the other products. It’s a gorgeous shade and my pictures do not do this color justice.





This is my first waterproof gel eyeliner that I have tried and boy, is it definitely waterproof. The first time I swatched it on my hand, it stayed there all day. It didn’t fade at all and lasted through all my hand washes and rubbing. I am definitely impressed with the staying power. On my lids, it lasts all day as well. It doesn’t smudge or flake off, which is wonderful. This is definitely a great liner that I can see myself wearing to the beach and throughout the hot days in the summer. I am definitely going to be picking up the other shades.

If you haven’t tried any Maybelline gel liners, they all come in a glass pot and included is a mini eyeliner brush. I haven’t tried the brush yet because typically, whenever I apply gel liner, those type of brushes are hard for me to use. For my gel liners, I have been mostly using my ELF Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush. This brush is perfect for me and is great for gel liner user beginners like me. If you would like to see a review on the ELF Studio Angled Eyeliner brush, definitely let me know.


**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...