Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CVS Haul (Featuring WnW, L'oreal, Turbie Twist, & SoHo Brushes)

Hey everyone! Wow, CVS was having such great sales last week! They were having a sale on WnW Eyes, Lips, and Nails products where they are 2/$3USD. As you can see, I went a little bit crazy. Keep in mind that I didn't buy all of these products at one time. I went to three different CVS stores because they didn't have much in stock. The main reason why I went was because I found out that the Flora & Fauna sets were also included in the sale! They are originally $4.99USD but during the sale, they were 2/$3USD plus tax. Plus I had a couple of $1USD off WnW coupons so that made the deal even sweeter!


Another reason why I decided to go to three different CVS stores is because the first one by house hired a new security guard. The new security guard was irritating me so much because she was following me around the whole makeup aisles. Like seriously? Do I look like the person to steal? I go to that CVS regularly and always buy makeup from there. Everywhere I would go, she would follow me around. I don't steal but I will probably never go to that CVS store again. The whole time I was there, she was staring at me. Every time I left a makeup display, she would go to that makeup display and check everything out. I mean, seriously! I totally felt like going up to her and saying "I know I look good and all but I don't swing that way!" LOL I wish I did because that would have been so funny!

What I bought:
WNW LIMITED EDITION FLORA COLLECTION (X2)
This set comes with four products like a nail polish, lip gloss, eyeshadow trio, and a blush. All the products are full size except for the blush. I bought an extra because I might be holding a giveaway on my blog sometime in the future. I might be giving away both because I am a little bit intimated by the bright colorful shadows. If I do end up keeping this set, I know for sure, that I will never wear all three shades on one eye look. It comes with:
  • FastDry Nail Polish in Twining Vines
  • Glassy Gloss Lip Gel in Mow The Glass
  • ColorIcon Blush in Mellow Wine
  • ColorIcon Eyeshadow Trio in Flora


WNW LIMITED EDITION FAUNA COLLECTION (X2)
This set is almost the same as the Flora set but with different shades. It also comes with three full size products and one mini blush. I also bought an extra one of this set because I was thinking about including it in the giveaway as well. I definitely love this set more than the Flora set because all the colors are wearable. This set comes with:
  • FastDry Nail Polish in Teal Or No Teal
  • Glassy Gloss Lip Gel in Glass Confusion
  • ColorIcon Blush in Pearlescent Pink
  • ColorIcon Eyeshadow Trio in Fauna


WNW MEGA EYES CREME EYELINER
These are my first time trying these. Hopefully they all live up to my expectations. I heard these are somewhat comparable to MAC Fluidlines and others say that they dry up too fast but only time will tell. I bought two different shades:
  • Eggplant
  • Black

WNW COLORICON EYESHADOW TRIO IN WALKING ON EGGSHELLS
I have been wanting this trio but for some reason, I always forgot to pick it up. Since they were on sale, I made sure to remember. The trio looks like a great everyday, neutral eye palette. It comes with a gorgeous brow bone highlight and a beautiful all over the lid shade. I can't wait to wear this!


LONDON SOHO NEW YORK MAKEUP BRUSHES
These were on clearance at the last CVS store that I went to. I have always wanted to try these brushes but in my opinion, they are a little bit pricey for drugstore brand makeup brushes. I only bought two to try out because I wasn't sure how they would pick up shadows and if they would shred after washing. The two that I picked up are:
  • All Over Shadow Brush
  • Blush Brush



TURBIE TWIST MICROFIBER HAIR TOWEL
I have always wanted to try one of these and the first CVS store that I went to had a bunch of these. There was a sign saying that they were $5.99USD but they ran up $6.99USD. I told the cashier that they were another price. She grabbed this blue one and for some reason, it rang up $4.99USD. Three different prices with all the hassle that CVS gives. LOL


L'OREAL SUPER PREFERENCE HAIR DYE IN 4 DARK BROWN
I bought two for my mom. She wanted some hair dye from L'Oreal, because its a brand that she loves and trusts. They were on sale for 2/$12.99USD plus tax. I am not sure if the sale is still going on but you can check.


So that is all that I bought at CVS. Hopefully they will start to have more sales like this. Make sure to follow my makeup blog for future giveaways. Stay tuned for that! If you have any other questions about this haul and/or any other products that I bought, let me know.

QUESTIONS:
What do you think about this haul?
Do you ever have hassle whenever you are shopping at CVS?
Did you buy anything from the sales at CVS?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...