Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake


Hey everyone! Sorry if I haven't been posting lately, I have been very busy this week with family and friends! Its been fun these past couple of weeks. LOL Okay, so today in this post, I am going to be talking about a lip product that just recently came out and have been loved by many, like me! I don't own a bunch of Revlon Lip Butters because they are really hard to find. The ones that I do happen to find are the ones that I already have and are already opened and swatched. Yuck!

In this post, I am going to be talking about the Revlon Lip Butter in 080 Strawberry Shortcake. It is such a gorgeous color. I love it so much that its my favorite out of the Lip Butters that I have! Apparently there are 20 shades available but out the the 20, I have only 4 (for now LOL). These are so pigmented and moisturizing (well from the ones that I have tried so far). I don't know if they are actually as moisturizing as an actual lip butter because I have never tried one before but these are definitely way more moisturizing than your typical lipstick. With these lip butters, you wouldn't really need to wear a lipgloss over them because they are already moisturizing and have a shine to them on your lips. Now. onto Strawberry Shortcake, I would call it a creamy "Barbie" pink. It is definitely a wearable pink. I could definitely see this shade looking gorgeous on everyones' lips.



The packaging on these Revlon Lip Butters are so nice! It sort of reminds me of their Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks. I especially like how each of the lip butter caps are similar to the actual color of the lip butter! Plus on the top of the cap is a clear "window", where you can see the actual product itself and its true color, which makes it so easy to choose whichever one you want. The overall cap is clear, which I really love because its so helpful. The packaging is really similar to lipsticks. They are about the same size as the packaging of the Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks and they twist up just like your lipsticks.



The retail of these Revlon Lip Butters typically depend on the store. These are usually around $6-$8USD. I know both WalMart and Target sell these a little bit cheaper than Walgreens, CVS, and RiteAid. Ulta also has these, I think because they also sell drugstore products. If you are just buying one, I would recommend buying it at either WalMart or Target but if you are definitely planning on buying a bunch then your typical drugstore is better because there are always sales on these. Recently there have been sales on Revlon products, like BOGO 50% off at Walgreens, CVS, and RiteAid.

The wear of these is sort of like your typical lipstick. They lasted on my lips for about 2-3 hours, which isn't that bad. I am a constant lip balm lover who feels the need to reapply every 30 minutes so these lip butters were pretty good at keep my lips moisturized. With these Revlon Lip Butters, I feel like I only need to reapply about 3 times a day!! I love Strawberry Shortcake and am definitely planning on buying more. I really like these a lot but there is one downside to these lip butters. Its not that big of a con but these can definitely "smoosh" in the tube because they are so soft. They get messy around the edges when you twist down, which sometimes bothers me but other than that, I love them!

**All pictures and written content belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...